Being a spiritually healthy person is not an innate quality and it’s not something that you can learn once and then reap the benefits from for the rest of your life. Spiritual health is a continual practice that you will need to tap into for the rest of your life. The good thing is that the more spiritually connected you are, the easier it is to keep up the habits that got you there. In fact, it will become more and more difficult to allow yourself to sink into fits of depression or rage. If you have been in search of spiritual enlightenment and a more peaceful, balanced life, you need to create and maintain a few healthy habits so that you can ward off the woes of everyday life. Here are five core habits of spiritually healthy people.
- Meditating. People who are spiritually healthy make a habit of meditating each day. This gives them time to reflect on life and their role in the world. It also gives them the space to tune out the rest of the world and listen to their thoughts. There are endless ways to meditate and no one way is better than the other. It just depends on what you’re looking for. It doesn’t matter if you’re sitting, standing, or spread out on the floor. So long as you can find some quiet time to tune into yourself, you will be able to tap into your inner peace with ease.
- Stretching. The restorative effects of stretching are quite amazing. We hold tension from the everyday stresses of our lives all over our bodies and if we want to release that tension, we have to make a habit of stretching. It’s best if you can spend 5-10 minutes stretching right when you wake up and before you go to bed at night. This will help you to feel awake and mobile in the morning, and it will help you to fall asleep faster and get more restorative sleep at night. Also, any time you start to feel overwhelmed by stress is a good time to take a break and check in with the parts of your body that are bothering you most.
- Exercise. One of the keys to being spiritually healthy is being physically healthy. That’s why it’s important to exercise regularly and constantly try to push your limits. However, it’s important to be very aware of your limits and don’t push yourself too hard. If you are not already a big fan of exercising, then be sure to start slow.
- Healthy eating. One of the most important ways to improve your spiritual health is to feed your body the vitamins and nutrients that it needs and cut out all the toxins.
- Engaging with a spiritual community. It’s difficult to maintain positive spiritual health all alone. If you want to explore your spirituality with likeminded people, you can visit Oranum Spiritual Community to get in touch with other individuals like yourself.