Right now, the healthcare field is growing, which means that there are plenty of opportunities for promising and lucrative careers as a healthcare professional. As the obesity epidemic gets worse, and as people keep suffering from a number of illnesses, it is becoming increasingly more important to get fit and stay healthy. This is where you can come in. Moreover, as more and more people are getting insured, there are plenty of positions available in medical facilities, like clinics and hospitals. If you are curious about finding a position in this world, it can help to know what some of the leading careers are. Here are five promising careers in health and wellness.
- Nurse practitioner. In the field of medicine, there is a growing demand for nurse practitioners. You may either work on the ground floor – in the emergency department – or you may work in the maternity section – or anywhere in between. Right now may be a perfect time to visit Challenger Corp. to get prepared for some of the exams that you need to take to become a nurse.
- Dental hygienist. There are also lots of positions available in dentistry. Part of the boom in healthcare has extended to dentists’ offices and many people are tapping into this new resource. You may want to find out how you can go to school to become a dental hygienist. In most cases, it takes about two years of postgraduate education to become a dental hygienist. You may also be required to spend some time in a dentist’s office to get the experience you need. Depending on your state, you may need a minimum number of hours, so it would be smart to do your research.
- Personal trainer. Another promising career in the healthcare and wellness arena is that of a personal trainer. These days, more and more people are trying to trim down and one of the best ways to do this is to hire a personal trainer. When it comes down to it, you may be working at a gym or you may be making house calls – it all depends on how you would like to operate. You could even start your own business.
- Physician’s assistant. If you enjoy working in a doctor’s office, and with patients one on one, you may want to think about becoming a physician’s assistant. As a physician’s assistant, you will be working closely with not only the doctor, but also patients. When working with patients, it will be your job to make them comfortable and happy while waiting for the doctor.
- Physical therapist. If you enjoy helping people rebuild their strength or regain mobility, this job will be perfect for you. As a physical therapist, you will be helping people do various exercises to learn how to walk after major accidents and injuries. Another big part of the physical therapist’s process is rehabilitation. In the end, as a physical therapist, you may be responsible for helping bring someone’s quality of life back.