Having beautiful, bright white teeth is incredibly important, because it means your teeth are healthy. Also, the whiter your teeth are, the more confidence you will have. This confidence will come in handy – on a date, on a job interview or the next time you meet the boss to discuss a promotion. When it comes down to it, there are a number of ways to whiten teeth without having to go through the whole rigmarole of deep bleaching and repeated dental visits. Of course, going to your dentist is important, but unless you have extremely stained and yellow teeth, you probably don’t need professional teeth whitening services. Here are five DIY quick and easy teeth whitening tips.
- Brush and floss twice a day. This is by far the most important way to keep your teeth looking white. It is important to brush first thing in the morning and before you go to bed at night. You also want to floss at least once a day to get the plaque and tartar between the teeth. If you don’t brush regularly, stains will become more permanent and plaque will turn into hard, yellow tartar.
- Use teeth whitening strips. There are many teeth whitening strips that you can purchase. Some are relatively inexpensive and they can be purchased at your local drug store. However, some teeth whitening strips can get pretty expensive, especially the ones that require you to stain in different steps with a mouth guard. Regardless, though, these products can work and they can make your teeth noticeably whiter. If you are prepared to spend a little money, you may get more satisfaction from investing in a more expensive teeth whitening strip product.
- Use mouthwash after you drink coffee or soda. If you have a sweet tooth for soda or if you like to have a morning coffee, it is important that you rinse your mouth out afterwards. If you let the teeth staining properties remain after you drink coffee or soda, it may become permanent. This is how you get those nasty stains on your teeth. However, if you simply give your mouth a good rinse, you can successfully fight these stains.
- Visit a dentist. It is also important to visit a dental clinic, like the Windermere Dental Group, at least twice a year. If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, you want to go right away. A dental cleaning will be sure to get rid of hard to remove plaque and tartar. They will also use certain tools to remove superficial stains. This will give your teeth a good primer to keep up with your oral hygiene, which is the key to whiter teeth.
- Drink plenty of green tea. Green tea is rich with antioxidants. Antioxidants have a number of healing powers – one of them being the power to make your teeth look whiter and brighter. So, you may want to start thinking of brewing some green tea. In the end, green tea can also be delightful and refreshing, so you may actually enjoy it.